Hi, I'm Rudi, i'm 8 years old and my favourite book is 'Tarka the Otter' by Henry Williamson. Its about the life of an otter named Tarka and British Wildlife. One night i was reading the book with my dad and i said that i wanted to see all the animals in the book, he said i should do it and call it the Tarka Challenge. My Tarka Challenge started on 1st January 2012. The book contains 89 birds, 54 land based animals, 120 plants and 56 aquatic organisms.

The rules are simple, i must either see each thing myself or photograph it using my trail camera. I will try and see each thing on my local patch (Ogmore River Catchment) but may need to look somewhere else in Britain.

A walk on the common

The tadpoles were out in our garden pond today.



We went to the open day at Coed Y Bwl nature reserve today. The daffodils, wood anenomes and some bluebells were out and the sun was shining.



We had a picnic by the river and me and Finn spotted some little fish but we couldnt identify them. We walked back home over the common and saw a stonechat and a short eared owl. Me and Finn couldnt believe it, we were so excited.

We couldnt wait to tell our grandparents. On the way over we saw a helicopter rescue on the cliffs at Southerdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment