Hi, I'm Rudi, i'm 8 years old and my favourite book is 'Tarka the Otter' by Henry Williamson. Its about the life of an otter named Tarka and British Wildlife. One night i was reading the book with my dad and i said that i wanted to see all the animals in the book, he said i should do it and call it the Tarka Challenge. My Tarka Challenge started on 1st January 2012. The book contains 89 birds, 54 land based animals, 120 plants and 56 aquatic organisms.

The rules are simple, i must either see each thing myself or photograph it using my trail camera. I will try and see each thing on my local patch (Ogmore River Catchment) but may need to look somewhere else in Britain.

No Show Nightjar

Last night we stayed up late then went up the mountains looking and listening for Nightjars. Nightjars are a type of bird that come out at night and eat insects.



We got there at half past 9 and waited until it got dark. We didnt see any Nightjars but we did see some bats, lots of midges and heard some Tawny Owls calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment