Hi, I'm Rudi, i'm 8 years old and my favourite book is 'Tarka the Otter' by Henry Williamson. Its about the life of an otter named Tarka and British Wildlife. One night i was reading the book with my dad and i said that i wanted to see all the animals in the book, he said i should do it and call it the Tarka Challenge. My Tarka Challenge started on 1st January 2012. The book contains 89 birds, 54 land based animals, 120 plants and 56 aquatic organisms.

The rules are simple, i must either see each thing myself or photograph it using my trail camera. I will try and see each thing on my local patch (Ogmore River Catchment) but may need to look somewhere else in Britain.

Tarka Pasta

Dont worry, there's no Otter in it.


Me and Dad picked some Ramsons today (Wild Garlic). We decided to use it to make a lunch that Tarka would have enjoyed so we invented Tarka Pasta.

Ingredients

Pasta
chopped Wild Garlic
Crayfish tails
Smoked Salmon
Cream
grated Parmesan Cheese

Cook and drain the pasta then put back in the warm pot. Add the crayfish tails, chopped wild garlic, chopped smoked salmon, a glug of cream and some grated Parmesan cheese. Stir it all up and eat up!



We went out for a walk and saw Swallows everywhere and house martins and swifts. After the rain everything is turning green and there are lots of insects about too.

4 things off the list (Wild Garlic, Cockerel, Swift and Harts Tongue Fern)

Cockerel

Harts Tongue Fern

We saw a few other things too..........


 Little Owl

 Stone Chat

 Linnet

 Pipit

 Hedge Garlic

 Cuckoo-Pint

Swallow

No comments:

Post a Comment